Welcome to the Virtual Writing Center!
Note: We do our best during this busy end of the year, but response times may be more than 48 hours.
Scroll down to the submission forms, or check out How to Submit Your Writing here.
What do we do? The VWC provides free peer feedback on writing for Antioch University students. We support your writing process from start to finish!
- Outlining and Planning: Submit your outlines and notes for feedback on ideas.
- Major Revision: Submit your initial drafts, and even incomplete drafts, for big picture feedback on thesis, structure, organization, integration of sources, and so on.
- Minor Revision: Submit your 2nd or 3rd drafts to work on paragraph structure, clarity, conciseness, syntax, and other sentence-level feedback.
- Style and Polish: Submit your near-final drafts for suggestions about APA or MLA, word choice, grammar, and other procedural edits.
If you are new to the VWC, please review our Submission Policies at https://www.antioch.edu/resources/students/virtual-writing-center/submit-your-work/#SubmissionPolicies
You may submit any piece of writing up to three times. Use this form for your first submission.
If you are submitting this piece for a second or third time, please go back to vwc.submittable.com and select the second or third submission form.
You may submit any piece of writing up to three times. Use this form for your second submission.
If you are submitting a new piece or submitting this piece for a third time, please go back to vwc.submittable.com and select the first or third submission form.
You may submit any piece of writing up to three times. Use this form for your third submission.
If you are submitting this piece for a first or second time, please go back to vwc.submittable.com and select the first or second submission form.
Use this form to request a 1-hour live virtual session via Zoom. It will take 2-3 business days to set up a session once you submit the request.
These sessions provide the benefit of talking through a writing issue with another person. Most sessions are for developmental support around academic writing, such as:
- Defining a thesis, focus, or purpose for your writing
- Understanding an assignment and beginning to plan a piece
- Learning how to interpret and integrate source material
- Refining your ideas and supporting evidence
- Reverse outlining and restructuring a paper
- Discussing the needs of a particular audience
Virtual Peer Writing Consultation Policies
The VWC is committed to supporting the entire Antioch student population. However, because our peer consultants are also students with demands on their time, we request that you observe the policies below when requesting a session:
- You may request one session per week to work on any one of the issues above.
- Meetings are by appointment only, and available days and times may vary depending on staff schedules.
- It usually takes 2-3 business days to arrange a session, depending on which staff are available to meet--if you send your request Friday night, for example, it will likely be Monday afternoon before we can finalize a time that works.